Here are just a few of the many benefits of regular exercise:
- Reduces stress
- Increases energy
- Decreases clinical symptoms of anxiety, tension and depression
- Increases heart function
- Increases serotonin and endorphin production
- Lowers your risk of disease
- Important to weight loss and weight management
- Decreases body fat stores
- Increases metabolism
- Increases blood flow to the heart and muscles
- Increases bone strength
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves posture and balance
- Decreases injury risk
- Improves sleep
- Improves your ability to perform daily lifestyle activities
Make your exercise program work for YOU!
- Commit to a time of day that works for you; schedule it just like you do other important activities
- Commit to whatever amount of time you can give -- no matter how little it may be, to start
- Work up to a balanced program of cardiovascular and strength training
- Start with 3 days a week -- any amount is better than none!
- Over time, work up to 5 or 6 days a week
- Remember to take a little time to warm up/cool down and stretch
- Always get approval from your physician before starting an exercise program
Get started in as little as 10 or 20 minutes per day!
See how easy it is to get started! Check out our 10-minute, 21 minute and Tabata Training exercise plans.