If you have 10 Minutes … you have time to start an exercise program!
Get up 10 minutes early, take 10 minutes before lunch and/or take 10 minutes after work or while watching TV!
Exercise is cumulative. 10 minutes twice a day at a good intensity is the same as 20 minutes of simultaneous exercise.
- Go for a 10 minute walk or run
- Do 5 minutes of crunches and 5 minutes of stretching
- Do 10 minutes of Yoga
- With resistance bands or light dumbbells do 10 minutes of Supersets between 2 muscle groups
30 seconds of each exercise below, then a 10 second rest, then move on to the next exercise.
- Jumping Jacks
- Stand on bands with both feet, handles of bands held at your shoulders, then squat down, then come up to standing and press bands overhead
- Run around the room
- Secure the bands around a column or pole, face away from the column/pole, elbows out at shoulder height, holding bands, step one foot forward, give yourself plenty of resistance, then press arms forward and straight, similar to a pushup movement, but you are standing, repeat for 45 sections
- Opposite elbow to opposite knee
- Secure bands around a column or pole, face the column/pole, holding bands, step away, give yourself plenty of resistance and row. Your arms will be at a 45 degree angle as you pull back into the row and then fully extend the arms back in front of you.
- Burpees or Thrusts
- Standing on bands, holding handles, elbows tucked in curl the arms up and down
- Squat Jumps
- Standing on bands, holding handles with palms up, extend arms behind you and press up and down, keeping resistance in the bands.
- Stretch by holding each of the following stretches for 10 seconds:
You are done! Remember 10 minutes is better than "0". If you can find 1 or 2 more 10 minute segments of time to exercise today, do it! Exercise is cumulative and you'll realize the benefits almost immediately.
- Chest: Clasp hands behind you and pull the arms away from your back
- Back: Clasp hands in front of you and reverse the clasp and roll the upper back toward the wall behind you
- Triceps/Shoulders: Clasp the hands overhead and drop the right elbow down and back while your left forearm is against the back of your head
- Repeat: Same as above, with the other side, left elbow down, right forearm against the back of your head
- Glutes/Hamstrings: Right foot slightly forward in front of you, toe up, heel down, then sit back slightly
- Guadriceps: Take the right foot up and back behind you, then grab the foot with the right hand gently stretching the front of the thigh
- Repeat: above two stretches on the other side
Coming soon: 10 minute video workouts
… for you to do at home, in your office or hotel room with minimal equipment!
Add a few easy exercise “freebies” to your day …
- Take the stairs
- Park a little farther away and walk
A combination of Cardiovascular and Strength Training exercises are the best for weight loss.
Have 21 Minutes?
We have an energizing exercise plan for you!